Vegan mousse, or at least vegetarian depending on what ingredients you use.
Adding bananas will make it banana chocolate mousse. It’s a ratio of 1:1, avocado to banana. In my experience, you don’t need a lot of banana either. Unless you really like banana, I recommend small bananas.
- Food processor/hand blender
- Avocado: 1
- Optional: Banana: 1, small
- Cocoa powder: 4 tablespoons
- Coconut oil: 3 tablespoons
- Agave/honey/maple syrup: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: 0.125 teaspoon
- Add the cocoa powder, coconut oil, agave/honey/maple syrup and salt to the food processor (or bowl if using a hand blender)
- Pit the avocado, add the avocado to the food processor/bowl
- Optional: Peel the banana, add the banana to the food processor/bowl
- Blend until smooth
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving
- If adding banana, I highly recommend small bananas.