The title says it all, doesn’t it? Sadly, not for the lactose intolerant (even if using frozen yogurt) or peanut allergy (see Ingredients for alternatives). DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for your cravings, waist line or diabetes.
- Frozen yogurt/ice cream: Vanilla, chocolate
- Peanut butter (chunky or smooth) or:
- Almond butter: Instead of melting, it turned into a hard almondy rock. Maybe try microwaving at 50%?
- Chocolate almond butter
- Tahini: currently untested
- Scoop out peanut butter into a microwavable dish. If you put the entire jar in – remove the top and protective seal (some have metal in them)
- Microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds. Depends on how much peanut butter you use.
- Scoop frozen yogurt/ice cream into bowl
- Pour warmed peanut butter over the frozen yogurt/ice cream
- Frozen yogurt is barely a healthier choice than ice cream. Portion control! Making your own frozen yogurt will allow you to control the sugar.
- Things to add include or substitute:
- chocolate chips
- Reese Peanut Butter Cups
- Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie and Cocoa Swirl (image)
- Adapted from Reddit