If you have no love for plain applesauce, don’t give up on it as a topping for latkes, a partner for seared pork chops, or even layered with Greek yogurt for a breakfast parfait. Instead, use one of these simple tweaks to transform that innocent apple flavor into something way more deliciously adult. Each of these strategies will upgrade one cup of unsweetened “natural” applesauce…
Direct sunlight on lime juice causes severe burning and blistering of the skin, which may require an ER visit. I won’t post gross pics but feel free to Google! If you are applying lime juice to your skin, it should only be done if they are inside for the day.
I have at least five kinds of vinegar always in use at home, and one of my favorites is sherry, which is floral, not as acidic, and a bit subtler overall than other vinegars. Add a touch to rich sauces or, especially, to salsas and pico de gallo. Take any fruit like mango or pineapple, and toss it in a hot pan with onions and cilantro. Then drizzle it with olive oil and sherry vinegar and you have a perfect salsa.
There’s two articles – the second is a continuation of the first.
As we age the pineal gland begins to calcify and become sluggish. This rate varies considerably by person and lifestyle, but consuming excessive amounts of fluoride is considered to be a risk factor. This is partly because fluoride collects in extremely high amounts in the pineal gland causing faster calcification. Fluoride can also decrease melatonin production, two things we certainly don’t want to happen. Research has shown that this calcification of the pineal gland shows a strong correlation in the developing of Alzheimer’s disease (Mercola 2011). A poor diet laden with preservatives, chemicals, and pesticides are a major risk factor for calcification and premature aging as well.
What can we do to fight the aging process and calcification of the pineal gland? Eating a healthy, preservative/chemical free diet that is rich in healthy fats, should be a no-brainer (pun intended), but what else can we do?
Soft cheeses, such as cottage cheese, cream cheese and ricotta cheese, that have mold should be discarded. The same goes for any kind of cheese that’s shredded, crumbled or sliced.
…Mold generally can’t penetrate far into hard and semi-soft cheeses, such as cheddar, colby, Parmesan and Swiss. So you can cut away the moldy part and eat the rest of the cheese. Cut off at least 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) around and below the moldy spot. Be sure to keep the knife out of the mold so it doesn’t contaminate other parts of the cheese.
Of course, not all molds pose a risk. In fact, some types of mold are used to make cheeses, such as Brie and Camembert. These molds are safe to eat.
Sometimes you can cut the mold off, but you can prevent the mold by moistening paper towel with vinegar – apple cider or white, doesn’t matter. It’s not enough to taint the flavour. But it’s a good idea to let the cheese stand to air for a couple of minutes before consuming.