I was nominated by Bekah, of the lovely A Vegan with a Plan. Thank you!
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
- post the award logo on your blog
- link back to the person who nominated you
- answer the questions set for you
- nominate 10 other bloggers (preferably with less than 200 followers) and let them know they’ve been nominated
- create 10 questions for your nominees
Here are the answers to the questions I was asked:
What is your favorite kitchen tool?
Egg beater, for licking after making whip cream.
What is your favorite food?
What kind of camera do you use for blog photos?
Smartphone. There was a time when I had a Nikon, but it died on me and I was never a photog.
What inspired you to start blogging?
I don’t consider it blogging – this is the result of wanting to change my diet. After the third or so recipe on a piece of paper, I figured there had to be a better way. So it’s a cook book to me, but it’s evolved to include various articles and information I encounter that’s either related or interesting to me.
Do you have any hobbies?
Too many. Cooking takes a backseat to training for triathlon, which includes yoga and sleep.
Which do you enjoy more, cooking or baking?
Can’t it be both? Both are delicious.
If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world with the goal of trying local cuisine, where would you go?
How much time do you spend blogging each week?
I haven’t tallied – it depends on content. Some things need more time than others.
What is your favorite color?
Food processor, essential or “nice to have”?
Essential. Mine is almost too small – guacamole is fine, but the black bean brownies almost kills the poor thing.
Here are the questions for my nominees, in no particular order:
- Please describe yourself in 5 words
- Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses, or 1 horse-sized duck?
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Doesn’t have to be food
- Insects: Would you try them if someone offered them in some form of a meal? Does it make a difference if the insects are alive or dead?
- Puns: Enjoyable, or breach of etiquette? Any favourites?
- What was the last thing you celebrated?
- Where was the last time you traveled somewhere new?
- When did you last push the boundaries of your comfort zone?
- Would you rather be evil but considered good, or good but considered evil?
- What’s the wisest thing you’ve heard someone say?
And the blogs I would like to nominate are… (drum roll):